Tuesday, March 8, 2011

2 Weeks in a Nutshell



Man, how long has it been since my last post? 2 weeks or so? I'm a bad blogger... >___>;

I actually had the opportunity to do some somewhat touristy things in the last two weeks. For one, I went to Enoshima and Kamakura with the US Program students from my school. Everything was super pretty, and we had fantastic weather :)

It was really nice to see the real Japan for once. A friend of mine had told me that I needed to get outside of Tokyo to experience Japan. At first I didn't really believe her, but coming back from this trip, I understand her 100%. It's not to say that there's anything wrong with Tokyo. I really love it. But it's just a big city and all big cities sort of resemble each other, no matter where you are in the world.

But outside the city lies another world entirely. The architecture is different. The people are different. This is when you realize you are no longer in your own country, and it's wonderful. Japan really is a beautiful country with greenery and temples and shrines and mountains, and all that kind of pretty scenery stuff. We even went as far as the sea (ocean? large water body that flows into the ocean?), which was really nice too.


I also got to visit Disney Sea last week. We went as a sort of school trip where each class voted on whether or not they would go to Disney Land or Disney Sea, and then once there, we were free to socialize with our friends from other classes. Most of my friends got Disney Land, which was where I wanted to go, but mine got Disney Sea... Oh well... it was nice anyway ^^ For those of you who don't know, Disney Sea is a popular couples' destination, so pretty much all you see are couples and high school kids. On the plus side, there are very few children at the park, which was sort of nice.


By the way, these sorts of super awesome hats are pretty much obligatory at Tokyo Disney. Despite there being almost no children at my park, almost everyone was wearing cool hats like these :P

Halfway through my Disney day, I ran into a friend and his friends, and ended up staying with them at the park until pretty late. We then went out drinking at some small Izakaya at Machiya train station. Because trains don't run very late in Tokyo, my friend and I were really giri giri in making our connecting train (which was the last train btw). The whole night was quite the experience, but it was a lot of fun ^^ I love meeting new people and I love izakayas ^^ (catching last trains, not so much lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment