Tuesday, March 4, 2014

14.03.04

The thing I loved about you was not the way you would joke with me, or the fact that we were the same age. It was that look in your eyes that you would keep from most people. Where you looked so tired and lonely and emotionally beat. 

For the last month or so we haven't spoken, and as much as I'm not one to talk about feelings or explain why I do things, I feel like if we just sat down and you gave me the time to explain a couple of things, maybe we could get past this weird limbo we're in. Because I feel like it's all just a big misunderstanding. 

Today, as I passed you in the hallway, I looked at you and you looked at me, and you greeted me with the same blank, exhausted face that I was wearing. Without saying a word I raised my hand as if to say hello and you did the same back. No smiles, no words. 

No logic.

No comments:

Post a Comment