Monday, July 18, 2011

Pinky ≠ Amazon.co.jp

How do you tell someone to kindly fuck off?

No, but really. This is twice now in the last few months that someone I barely know asks me if I can buy them X, Y or Z from Japan for them.

No. I don't do favours for people I barely know. I don't care if you like my statuses or comment on my photos. That doesn't mean we're friends.

Just because I live in Japan, does not mean I am anyone's personal shopping site. That's why amazon exists. And contrary to popular belief, Japan is not jam-packed with anime, manga, and other related fanstuff. Sure it exists, but it's not fucking everywhere and it's definitely not in the places I go to. Tokyo's fucking huge, with tons of districts and stores, and tons of places that I never go to because I have no interest in these things. So how the hell can you think this is even an acceptable request?

I honestly have no interest in going out of my way, spending time, energy, and money that I don't have to get you a fucking book you can get with the click of a button. And the more obscure your desired item is, the more obscure the store it will be in will be too. Thus, me getting lost and wasting a shit ton of time on you is a high probability.

If you're someone I talk to all the time, that's of course a different story. But that is not what we're talking about. At all.

Ugh. This kind of bullshit just really pisses me off.

2 comments:

  1. wow, this almost sounds like myself writing it. I had this so many times, and everytime I would pull the "I'm such a poor student boohoo" or "oh it's so big and heavy! I already have so much to buy and bring home :(" sorry cards. I would love to tell those people to fuck off too, but it's too energy consuming.

    Just keep refusing and eventually they'll understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The worst part is that, if I were going home soon and the person lived in Montreal that would be one thing. But I'd have to ship it to Germany.... WTH? >___<;;

    ReplyDelete