Monday, April 25, 2011

Bi-Weekly Update

I wish all the inner monologues I have would just magically write themselves into blog entries so that they wouldn't lose their momentum by the time I sit in front of my computer and attempt to write things.

Oh well. Such is life, right? A series of things you want to say, but don't know how. You spend your whole life trying to express yourself, no? And life is the result of how well you manage to convey whatever message you were meant to convey. Or something.

I've been thinking about what life is all about a lot lately. Not in some religious context or anything, but just how lives work, how they don't, and that sort of stuff. I feel like my brain is in hyper-must-find-meaning mode these days. That's not necessarily a bad thing though.

To help me pretend that there's some flow to this entry, let me sum up my latest thoughts in a cute little list.

1. Love is weird. All kinds of love is warped, and twisted, and so much more complicated and disturbing than you'd ever think.

2. People with narrow worldviews should not leave their countries of origin unless they are willing to learn to adapt. If you aren't living in your own country, don't complain about how things are in said country you're living in. Unless of course you've been kidnapped and brought to said country against your will. But that's not usually the case for international students.

3. Americans in my school who obsess about Korean stuff piss me off. I have nothing against Korean stuff, but why are you going on and on about how cool Korean language/music/dramas/whatever are if you've chosen to study IN JAPAN??? And they go on about how much better all that stuff is than what you find in Japan... Why didn't you fucking go to Korea?

4. How can you live on your own for so long and be so fucking dependant on other people?? GROW THE FUCK UP JEEZ!

5. GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND. SO IS WIKIPEDIA! ARRGH! Don't ask me what something is if it's in your abilities to look it up on your own. I'm not talking about complicated difficult-to-understand shit here. I mean, if you're messaging me on msn/fb/whatever asking me what something is, change the fucking window, open up google, and type your fucking question.

6. If you don't have either tact or common sense, please don't talk to me. We will never get along, and your presence in my life will only cause me anger.

7. Butter-flavored caramel is about a hundred times yummier than you'd think.

8. I love Asian men for so many reasons. Not yellow-fever-bullshit reasons. But because they have style, and don't worry about "coming off as gay" by liking certain things. Fuck, there are so many hot, manly men over here that carry purses, have perfect hair, and wear pink, it's amazing. Today in class, this big manly guy told us about how he once knit himself gloves. I've seen guys in my class feed each other Pocky. Another guy in my class sometimes has heeled shoes. It's wonderful. *happy sigh*

9. You should always be 100% aware of what you're saying and where you're saying it. Everyone has their slip-ups, including myself, but the more aware you are, the less of an asshole you come off as being. Also be careful of words or expressions with double-meanings. The smallest thing will instantly make you sound and feel like the biggest asshole in the world.

10. I think I need to lay off of Matcha-flavored stuff for a bit. I've kinda gone a bit crazy with it over the last few weeks.... I feel like if I don't give myself a break, I might OD then not wanna eat it for a while, which would be tragic.... But I'm not willing to give up my 2L bottle of green tea in my fridge. No, no. XD

That's it for Pinky-transmission right now. Gotta go set up shop in the common room so I can watch my weekly dose of SMAP TV (幸せになろうよ, followed by SMAP x SMAP). See ya~!

1 comment: