Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Good Morning, Tokyo

I live near three private boys' schools and a university, so I get to witness the evolution of boy to man every morning when I walk to the train station. It's wonderful. And by the time I hit the station, I enter the endless sea of salarymen... and if I'm lucky, I'll encounter a host or two... Oh, I love you, Tokyo~!

It'll be even more wonderful once the university starts up it's classes again. The guys who go to that school are particularly good-looking.... or at least the ones I've seen so far :3

Talking about boys and school, every morning I see a man walking his son to the elementary school near my place. The kid must be a new student, because he has a little yellow paper pinned to his hat. It's also pretty rare to see little boys accompanied by a parent on their way to school. Even though some of them are as young as 5 or so, most of them go to school on their own, and on the off chance they're with a parent, it's almost always the mother who goes with them. Either way, I think I had seen them last week too, but since Monday, whenever I pass them, they say "Good Morning" to me, in English.

The first time the father greeted me, I was completely caught off-guard. Usually the only strangers that greet me in English are sketchy people, so I have a tendency of just walking right by them without second thought. I sorta hesitantly kept walking, turned around, and just said "Good Morning" back, which seemed to excite the little boy.

The last couple of days, both the boy and his father have given me a "Good Morning" greeting. The boy seems so happy saying it, it's really cute. And that's coming from someone who dislikes kids. Does this mean I have a heart after all? lol

I like little things like that though. Small actions that yield happy results. Everyone is always so caught up in future plans and bigger pictures that we often forget the tiny things in life that make us smile. But right now is the time to smile and find these things, or else we won't have the strength for whatever's on tomorrow's menu.

Talking about smiles and small things, yesterday I really needed a pick-me-up, and this song made all the difference :) So listen and be happy ^^

1 comment: