Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tokyo, One Month Later

How many times can you shake a person before they break internally?

My body is officially unable to stop moving. For the last month I've felt this way, but today has been especially bad.

Yesterday was the one-month anniversary of March 11th's big quake. It was celebrated with another very large earthquake around 5:15 pm.

We had another one of equal intensity I think it was Friday night. And another couple of large ones today too... one while I was in the train, another while I was walking around after school.

The earthquakes of the last few days have been especially upsetting on an emotional level. Things had been getting "better". Aftershocks were starting to calm down, and those we were having were a lot smaller. Then bam.

The news is throwing around the C word again, and I don't like it. Chernobyl, Chernobyl, Chernobyl. They still say it's better than that, but still.... It's not comforting at all.

They also say that these sorts of large aftershocks could be expected for up to a year. Sigh.

I'm trying to stay positive, but I'm just so tired of earthquakes and fear and all this sort of crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment