Monday, October 24, 2011

望みは何かと訊かれたら・・・

・・・君がこの星に居てくれることだ




  投稿者 yukimusicbox

Sometimes all it takes is someone's bad attitude and horrible words to put you in a shit mood all day. And today was no doubt one of those days.

I've always prided myself on the fact that it takes a whole lot to offend me. But that doesn't mean that I'm not easily hurt. In fact, it's somewhat the opposite.

But that being said, if I am to be hurt, let me be hurt by the people directly involved in the situation at hand. I don't need you to shit on my dreams, as unattainable as they may be, in the hopes of keeping me from being hurt later on. I'm not that frail that I need you to cushion the blow with your negative bullshit. You don't know me well enough to say what you said today, you've never met the other party involved, and you have no right to "save me" the pain of what may or may not come in the future. Furthermore, you have no right to say that you're telling me is "the truth." You aren't this other person, you have no idea of what's going on in someone else's head, so don't insist that you're right.

I know you could be right. I'm sure you probably are too. But I'm especially good at crushing my own hopes. I really don't need another party to help me feel like shit.

I really don't have all that many dreams. And some of them I am quite aware will never be realized. Because they're dreams, and thus not reality. But I don't need to be reminded of that. Because it is sometimes these tiny unattainable dreams that help us from falling apart in life. And I need every little bit of fake hope some days to keep me sane.


2 comments:

  1. Funny. I always asked myself why some people feel the urge to be overly realistic and impose that mindset onto others "becaus that's life and you gotta face reality" as if they knew better only because they fucking lack imagination.

    There's no need to crush one's dreams, especially if the person is working hard for it and there's a chance (whether it is tiny or not). You can tell someone how things work if the person is being delusional and makes no effort, but not to someone who's trying to make it happen the hard way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's it. I was in a fairly good mood yesterday before I spoke with this girl too. So I really just wanted to punch her in the face lol

    I mean, I'm a pretty negative person in general, but if I have to discourage someone from doing something or believing in something, I'll say it in a nice way. I won't tell them straight out, and I absolutely wouldn't be that straightforward to someone I don't know well. Ugh.

    Some people really just need to mind their own business.... >__<;

    ReplyDelete