Sunday, October 9, 2011

Please, Please, Please...

I'm starting to believe that Morrissey and Co. totally wrote all those Smiths songs about me, back in the 80s.

I mean, let's just ignore the fact that the Smiths broke up before I was even born....

...but I swear you can tell the story of my life through their song titles alone.


I've been listening to the song Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want a lot lately. Well, because there are things that I want in life that seem simple enough, and that I feel I never actually seem to have. That and because the song is wonderful.

But today, upon listening to it for the umpteenth time, I couldn't help but wonder: Am I just not getting what I want in life? or is it that I am getting what I want, but it turns out that what I wanted just isn't what I expected it to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment