Friday, February 4, 2011

February Babbles

So today was Setsubun (節分), which is what it's called when the season changes from Winter to Spring... which I guess means that it's now spring for me... weeeird, seeing as back home they just had a huge snow storm yesterday... but I digress ^^;

Because it was Setsubun, and we're all non-Japanese "kids" at my school, we read a short text explaining the day, and how you throw beans to ward off evil demons. So pretty much the second we finished reading the text, two "demons" burst into the class, one red, one green... so we threw beans at them lol. It was sorta awesome, despite the fact that this is probably something more for little kids and everyone in my class is in their mid-late twenties lol. Then we ate leftover beans, one for each year you are old. So I ate 23 beans, that actually tasted a lot more like peanuts... unsalted peanuts... but they were nummy, so I didn't mind ^^


So, February in Japan pretty much means Valentine's Day things are everywhere. Huge sections of Tokyo Hands are dedicated to either pre-made Valentine's chocolates, or chocolate- and cookie-making kits. My friend got me a dinosaur chocolate mould, and we're supposed to make chocolates together soon. I haven't decided if I'm going to make anyone chocolate yet. There's this one guy in my class who I sorta like buuut I'm pretty sure he's dating one of the girls in my class... I might make some chocolates for these three Korean guys in my class (including aforementioned guy, that way it's not weird haha). I sorta wanna start calling one of them "oppa" cause I think he's extremely adorable... (and I'm starting to get jealous of my friends with their oppas lol) but seeing as I barely talk to these guys, I wonder how all this would go down... Hmm... Either way, I still have a few days to figure it all out ^^;

OH and before I forget, I finally made myself a mixi account~! :D My goal is to write daily, but if I can manage to write 3 or 4 entries a week, I'll be happy with myself. I feel like it might be beneficial to my Japanese reading and writing abilities, even if it's just plain form and slang... it's still better than nothing at all :) よろしくね〜!

2 comments:

  1. Now I have you on ALL my social networks. AWESOME!! :D ....although i'm sorry I don't comment or reply as much as before. I've been mentally drained since New Year :( But I read your stuff, think of you and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have you on all of mine too :D

    No need to apologize! I've been bad at commenting/replying/etc too lately... Usually when I sit in front of the computer, my brain is in mush-mode.... so i can't formulate worthy thoughts or sentences... ^^;;

    ReplyDelete