Tuesday, October 23, 2012

12. 10. 23

1. I've been trying to be a more positive person these days. But today it just isn't really working.

2. I really want to punch a lot of people in the face right now. But it's hard through a computer screen.

3. If you can solve the problem with a google search, don't ask me. I really don't mind helping out a friend, but really, use some common sense, please. And if you're going to not even try to have a conversation with me before or after or even thank me then just what the hell. Just because I'm online doesn't mean I'm waiting to be of your service.

4. I've heard two really sad stories in two days and I can't seem to shake either of them. And I feel so guilty to feel so sad over them. Because who am I to make myself the victim in this? There are so many more people who are directly involved and are probably taking it better than me. How self-centered am I, really? Fuck.

5. I bought a giant stuffed Green Man (from Toy Story) and I feel no regrets about this.

6. School has become really hard. Not the work but finding the motivation to get things done. What the fuck am I doing with my life?

7. I skipped my first classes since starting at Bunka yesterday to go see the doctor. At first I felt really guilty about skipping class (because attendance is pretty much THE most important thing in school in Japan), but after I did it I felt unbelievably free. (And the doctor's appointment went well, so that helped too). So I absolutely made the right decision.

8. Boys are still complicated. I need more male Japanese friends to help me interpret things. Or perhaps I should start going after guys who are less vague and confusing. But alas, Japan is the country of vague men, so no luck there. All part of cultural learnings, I guess.

9. My roommate and me always tend to get things from back home at the same time. It's very curious. He gets home from Switzerland tomorrow (hopefully equipped with chocolaty goods!) and I just got a mail from my dad saying that a package was just sent from Canada. It's happened like 4 or 5 times total since I've moved in. And it isn't just holiday-related either. Maybe it's an Italian-mother connection? lol

No comments:

Post a Comment