Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Make-Up My Mind, and Face

It's no secret that I wear a lot of make-up. Everyday I wake up early enough to ensure a full make-up job is accomplished before going off to work or school. It's not only part of my morning rituals, but part of my feel-good rituals. If I feel that I look good, I feel better about myself and am therefore in a better mood.


Because of my love for make-up, I use only the best products. When you buy cheapy pharmacy crap, not only does it not look as good, but you end up buying new stuff all the time, in the hopes to find the perfect product. So, in the end, it probably costs you just as much to look good, only you just won't look as good as you could. Or at least that's my opinion. If you calculated the total costs of all the products I use on a daily basis, you would discover that my face costs between two and three hundred dollars. And I'm okay with that. The products last forever, and I barely have to buy more stuff, so it isn't actually that bad.


Between my face and my clothes, I spend a lot of time perfecting my appearance for the outside world. Some people might see that as being vain, I see it as taking pride in one's appearance. Because, face it, if you don't like the way you look, others probably won't either. For this reason, I don't dress for other people. I'm single and have been for a long time, and I can't say that I dress a certain way to try to attract guys. If anything, it scares them off. But this form of dress and make-up is what makes me feel most comfortable. So if a guy doesn't like it, he doesn't have to date me. Perhaps my clothes are a warning to the outside world… that I'm sort of different. Oh well, at least I don't try to hide who I am… I wear my crazy on my sleeve :P


But what is beauty, really? And what is and isn't beautiful? I've had lots of guys tell me that they prefer girls without make-up, and I always find that somewhat insulting. I spend so much time, energy and money on my face, and you tell me I should go without it? No, no. Remember, I'm not dressing for you. If you really prefer a natural girl, don't expect your girlfriend to shave her legs or armpits, use deodorant, or pluck her eyebrows. If you're okay with all that, then you can tell me that you like natural girls. If not, keep your mouth shut.


No comments:

Post a Comment