Sunday, November 14, 2010

Time is an Asshole

They say that time heals all wounds, but sometimes, I think it just makes things worse.


The more time passes, the more you are able to properly grasp a situation. The more you understand what was truth and what was a lie. "I feel like we're better off as friends" at first sounds like a nice way of breaking up, but as time goes on, you play out the whole relationship in your head, and realize that it just means "I can't deal with your problems."


It's not that I'm not over my last boyfriend, it's more like I'm not over the reason behind the break-up. Does that make sense? Perhaps I'm just bitter because I was left at the time I needed him the most, and all that did was pronounce the gravity of my problems in my life.


There is no way of not taking rejection personally, because at the end of the day, someone does not want to be with you because of who you are. "It's not you, it's me", after careful thought and consideration is really just "it's not me, it's you" in disguise. People don't often change: they date the same kind of people, look for the same kinds of things, etc. If it was really a "it's not you, it's me" situation, than the "me" would be going through some major soul searching/changes/whatever, and probably start looking for other things in life. But I guess that still makes the "you" not good enough anymore.


The thing is, if you tell the truth, you come off as an asshole. If you lie, you're still seen as an asshole, it just takes the other person a little longer to realize this. So what sort of conclusion can we make? That it's time to reread "He's Just Not That Into You" and rewatch "500 Days of Summer."

No comments:

Post a Comment