Monday, December 27, 2010

Antsy is the New Calm


Today I've gone through all kinds of negative emotions.

I officially started organizing things to pack. I went through a good portion of my clothes, placing them into three main piles: Yes, No, Maybe. So far the pile doesn't look too huge, but based on youtube videos my father found, neither does my potential dorm. I knew going into this that my place would be pretty small, but I guess I didn't realize that storing my clothes would become such an issue. Oh well. I'll make do with what I'll have, I guess. Worst case, I'll just store my socks in the extra space in my fridge :P

I've been doing a lot of productive procrastination as well, because I can't sit down in one place right now. For example, instead of packing and organizing, I finally found time to read a third of my KCP Handbook (which I received this summer....), wrote this new movies page, started reviewing my kanji hardcore, and now I'm writing this.

I'm supposed to go to the mall tomorrow to do some last-minute shopping for the trip... but I haven't even made myself a list yet. Eff. Maybe I'll do it early tomorrow morning... knowing me and stress, I won't be able to sleep in later than 8 am anyway... >__>

I know I should feel excited about the upcoming adventure, but I just feel so blah today. I feel antsy and impatient. I feel ignored and unimportant. I feel selfish and guilty. I feel so needy. I feel so behind and so stressed. I have 4 days left and countless things to do. I just wanna roll up into a ball and wake up in my dorm on January 10th, because once I get to Tokyo, I'll just have more stressful things until the move-in.

But that's not possible. I guess I just have to try and stay as positive and motivated as possible these next few days. On the plus side, allow me to introduce you to my new travel buddies :)


I received an excellent piece of luggage from my aunt for Christmas, and I am quite excited to start putting things into it. I named her "Lucy Luggage" and her address tag is "Seymour Fish."




No comments:

Post a Comment