Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Redscale Negative Fun!

I woke up feeling irritated and cranky. I definitely slept enough... but I think that the stress from my upcoming voyage has made me very irritable.

So that being said, let's talk about something that makes me happy: photography!

I don't take nearly as many photos as I would like, but when I do make the time for picture-taking, I'm often happy with the results.

Yesterday I developed my second roll of film used in my Diana Mini camera, and I was really pleasantly surprised with the photos! I used Redscale Negative Film, which was pretty cool! When developing them, I also asked them to print 2 exposures per print, which I think they're supposed to do anyway, but didn't last time I developed them.

So without further ado, here are a couple of my favourite shots :)

F1000003

F1000029

F1000032


If you look closely, you'll notice a couple of booboos. For one, there's a scratch common to every photo I developed from this roll, which means either I placed the film in wrong, or somehow the negatives got scratched when I was rewinding the film. (It totally got jammed when I was trying to rewind it before taking it out...) Another booboo is that all the photos seem to be backwards, which leads me to believe that maybe I did load the film in wrong... Oh well, these things sort of add to the photos' charm, so I'm not upset at all :)

Every roll I develop is a learning process. I still have 2 more redscale rolls and can't wait to load them into my camera and start snapping away again. I think I'll wait till I get to Tokyo, though! I really should be doing more relevant things with my time right now anyways.... (packing, whaat? >__>)

If you'd like to see other photos I've taken with this camera, I encourage you to check out my Flickr set. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment