Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Busy Week & Goodbyes Part 2: Work

The last two weeks have been sooo busy!

For one, I did a 10-day work marathon. It's not the longest work marathon I've ever done, but because I'm moving away in 11 days, I have so much to do, my stress level was pretty much through the roof. More questions keep appearing, which means more phone calls to make, more visits to the bank, and more confusion.

But that's besides the point! I had all kinds of fun social interactions this week! I went out for desserts with Akané on Wednesday, Cora with MF, Francis and James on Friday, and cookies with Allison and my work party yesterday. It was so nice seeing everyone this week, because these are all people I barely ever see, so it was nice to have somewhat intimate hangouts one last time ^^.

Today was my last day at work. It was really emotionally hard. I mean, I was expecting that, but still. I cried so much and in front of so many people. I was teary-eyed and voice-crackly with customers too... Between the hangover headache I woke up with, the fact that I'm on my period, the lack of sleep I've been getting, and the amount I cried today, I had such a huge headache and actually left work a bit early.

It's definitely weird to be leaving, because I've worked at this job for four and a half years, and my co-workers are pretty much family. But because of this, I know that we'll all see each other in the future. I'm so happy that I had the opportunity to work at such a great place with such great people! We have a breakfast on Friday morning, which for sure means more tears, but oh well. Such is life, I guess ^^; Gotta be thankful for small miracles, like waterproof make-up ^^

Tomorrow is my going-away party! I hope I won't cry too much ^^;

No comments:

Post a Comment